Halloween weekend is always busy. Every year one of my good friends throws a huge party, and this year was no exception. The theme this year was “Sausage Party”. Needless to say, I was mildly hungover this morning (maybe more than mildly). Whenever I find myself in such situations (tired, hungover and not wanted to leave the house), I have three go-to hangover fixes:
1. Something greasy to eat
Today’s choice was spicy cheddar Kraft Dinner and a grilled cheese sandwich. If you have not tried the spicy cheddar KD, you are truly missing out. It has the ooey-gooiness of classic Kraft dinner but with an added heat that is almost addictive.
For the perfect grilled cheese sandwich:
1. Add 2-3 slices of cheddar, Monterey jack or Swiss cheese (your choice) between two slices of white bread.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of salted butter in a cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat (you don’t want it to hot or it will burn the bread).
3. Press the sandwich slightly and place it in the skillet. Cook until golden on bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Flip, add more butter to the pan if needed, and cook until the other side is golden and the cheese melts, about 3 more minutes.
2. Expensive water – Fiji, Smartwater, VOS (my choice today) – whichever you prefer.
Water is a no-brainer. There is no particular reason why I like the more expensive waters except that it makes me feel like a better person.
3. Bailey’s and coffee. Always.
Happy Halloween everyone!