If Lobster Summer were a holiday, I would put it right Christmas. You all know I love my Keg meals and have many posts on it, including Lobster Summer (click here).
Here are some highlights from Lobster Summer 2021:
- The Lobster Gratinee starter – Lobster, baked with garlic, herbs, Monterey jack and cheddar cheese, and it comes with two little brioche buns to sop up all of that butter goodness. I cannot stress how GOOD this dish is, 10/10.
- Whole Atlantic Lobster – Soft buttery lobster served with your choice of side dish. It is also available as an add-on to any steak. A half lobster and lobster tail are also available. To learn how to break down your lobster, watch Keg’s video here.
- Lobster Sirloin – if you love the Sirloin Oscar (my dad’s favourite), then there is a high chance you’ll love this dish too. The Oscar is a grilled sirloin with a seafood topping of shrimp, scallops and asparagus in a béarnaise sauce. The lobster sirloin is similar but with tender chunks of lobster in a creamy lemon sauce.
- Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc – A light and refreshing white wine with passionfruit notes. It is the perfect pairing for the buttery soft Atlantic lobster.
- Dessert – we ordered the Billy Miner pie and the crème brûlée. Both are classic Keg desserts, and both are delicious. The Billy Miner is essentially an ice cream cake with a chocolate crust and hot fudge, caramel and almonds on top. It’s perfection, and I don’t remember a time visiting when I didn’t order it for dessert.