The only thing better than getting to try one cupcake, is getting to try a bunch of cupcakes. That is precisely what we got to do when we met up with Ashley Prince, owner of More Fun! Gourmet Sweets when she brought us some of her new cupcakes to try. Ashley’s tagline is “classic treats with a healthful gourmet twist”, which is what she accomplishes by using ingredients such as sprouted spelt and organic eggs, dairy and produce in her cupcakes. The cupcakes are beautifully detailed and well thought out. She has managed to find a nice balance in each cupcake – not too simple and not to over the top. The real standout is the Swiss buttercream that she uses to top each cupcakes. It is light and fluffy without being overly sweet, and I promise you will not want to stop eating. It really is the icing on the cake (pun intended).
Here are 5 of the cupcakes creations from More Fun! Gourmet Sweets:
- Lemon Lemongrass – we started with this one and it was easily one of my favorites. It is filled with a lemon and lemongrass curd and topped with a white chocolate Limoncello buttercream, which if you close your eyes, tastes like a lemon sorbet.
- Very Strawberry – This one is just as it sounds, with lingonberry mixed in the filling for some added tartness and a hint of maple syrup on top.
- Lime and Coconut – These two things were meant to be paired together. The topping is a white chocolate coconut buttercream and the inside is a lime and lime leaf curd.
- Very Blueberry – Along with the Lemon Lemongrass, this one was one of my favorites. It is as the name suggests with a hint of hibiscus and maple syrup to mix things up. The icing is the real standout here, which tastes exactly like a blueberry Yogen Fruz yogurt – absolutely delicious.
- Quad Cocoa – The sweetest of the five listed above, with enough chocolate to satisfy even the most die-hard chocolate lover.
Cupcakes can be custom ordered (contact: email@example.com) or at farmer’s markets in the city and surrounding areas. For more on Ashley and More Fun! Gourmet Sweets, check out for Facebook or Instagram page.
These cupcakes were complimentary but chrissymeetsworld.com remains unbiased in our content.