According to the National Chicken Council (yes, that’s a thing), approximately 1.3 billion chicken wings are consumed on Super Bowl Sunday. Think about it – that is enough to circle the Grand Canyon 120 times. Quite the accomplishment for a little wing.
Chicken wings have become such a big deal in Canada that they are marked with a holiday, National Wing Day, on July 29.
Last year, 7-Eleven became the first brand in Canada to celebrate National Wing Day and has since extended the holiday to an entire weekend.
Here are the five things you need to know about National Wing Weekend at 7-Eleven Canada:
- The event is taking place on July 28 and 29, 2018.
- On those days, you can get 10 chicken wings for only $7.11 (get it?) in stores nationwide.
- Wings come in a bunch of different flavours including crispy, hot, honey garlic and more.
- 7-Eleven Canada has been in the chicken business for over 20 years – and the chicken is raised by Canadian farmers with no added hormones or steroids.
- Wings are cooked on demand, and hot from the oven in minutes, they take their chicken seriously, so you won’t have to suffer through amateur hour hot wings.
For more information and to find a location near you, visit 7-Eleven.ca.