What are you doing for lunch? According to recent studies, two-thirds of Canadians do not leave their desk at lunchtime, and choose to dine “al desko”, a phrase that somehow makes this statistic all the more depressing. This isn’t a new phenomenon. If you Google #SadDeskLunch you will find picture upon picture of people eating in front of computer screens, and a laundry list of how-to tips on avoiding the practice.
Here’s the thing – just as 5 p.m. is to cocktails, noon is to lunch. It is the earliest socially acceptable time to grab a slice of pizza or burger. With so many great lunch specials out there, who needs to wait for happy hour?
One such example are the newly launched lunch specials from The Rec Room’s Three10 restaurant. Named in honor of Canada’s 3 territories and 10 provinces, Three10’s menu offers Canadian-inspired cuisine (which is difficult to define, but I digress).
Here are four things you need to know about lunch at The Rec Room:
- Lunch specials are available Monday to Friday from 11 am until 2 pm at all locations of The Rec Room.
- There are two different combos to choose from:
- The Trio ($15) – A Margherita pizza with an arugula salad to start and a scoop of salted caramel ice cream to finish
- The Duo ($20) – the Three10 burger with your choice of house-cut fries or market greens on the side and an 18 oz Bud or Bud Light.
- You can upgrade your pizza. If a Margherita pizza doesn’t excite you, for $2 more you can upgrade to any of the wood-fired pizzas available on the menu. I highly recommend “The Bounty” – wild mushrooms, grilled potatoes and ricotta cheese in a parmesan sauce topped with arugula.
- You can stack up your burger. The standard Three10 burger is two fresh ground patties with The Rec Room sauce, served on a brioche bun. While it is delicious as is, you have the option to add “stackables” to it. Stackables include: smoked cheddar, thick cut bacon and a fried egg. Add one (or all) for $2 each. Regardless of whether you decide to stack your Three10 or not, get fries on the side. They are cut in-house and seasoned to perfection.
At the time of this post, The Rec Room has five locations across Canada. To learn more, and find a location near you, check out their website – www.therecroom.com and/or follow them on Instagram (@therecroomca)).
This meal was complimentary but chrissymeetsworld.com remains unbiased in our content.