In 2017 Press’d won the Golden Fork Awards for Best Sandwiches, Best Wrap and Best Catering. And this wasn’t the first year they made the charts. With a focus on fresh ingredients and a dynamic menu with unique selections, it is easy to see why.
Here are the five things you need to know about Press’d:
- They have multiple locations in Alberta and Saskatchewan. To find the one nearest to you, check out their website.
- It’s fresh – from the bread, to the toppings. The bread is baked fresh daily from dough made in-house. There are four breads to choose from: rye, focaccia, whole wheat, and white. There is also a gluten-free option that is sourced from Kinnikinnick Foods (which, coincidentally, also won a Golden Fork this year for Best Gluten Free). The meats, cheeses, and veggies are also sliced in-house.
- Kids eat free on weekends – if you buy any sandwich, wrap or salad on a Saturday or Sunday, you can get a kids meal for free. They also have daily specials – each day they offer a different regular size sandwich for $5 or $8 for a large.
- Make your meal a combo. I’m lucky enough to have a Press’d within walking distance from my office and one of my favorite lunches is “The Boss” sandwich or a grilled cheese with the Tomato Basil or Wicked Thai soup and a drink. If you’re a meat lover, you will love The Boss. It has capicola, salami, and pepperoni with provolone cheese. And on Thursday’s, it is only $5 (see above), you can’t beat it. There are vegetarian options too.
- There is always something new to try on the menu– whether it is a new sandwich (like the Texas Crunch), bread (think tomato basil) or drink. They know how to keep things interesting.